7mm Dan's S7 Workbench - Hawksworth Full Brake

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
I?ve just had a week off work, but due to a heavy DIY workload at the moment (baby due in January), I only achieved two modelling sessions in total and one of those didn?t start until about 9 o?clock last night!  I also had to miss Scaleforum for the first time in about 27 years!  :(

Still, two sessions is better than nothing and not having too much time at my disposal before the lure of the duvet became too much, I did a couple of relatively easy jobs on the Hawksworth, namely folding-up and soldering the bogie mounting plates and one buffer beam.  It was going to be both, but the first one took longer than expected.  ;)

Here we have the two bogie mounting plates soldered-up with the bogie retaining bolts soldered in?.

Attachments

• SNV33527.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 18
  • SNV33528.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 8
  • SNV33529.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 9
  • SNV33530.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SNV33380.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 9
  • SNV33382.JPG
    549.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SNV33531.JPG
    531.4 KB · Views: 9
  • SNV33546.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 12

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I hope you are not driving  ;D

No, I was sat in Acton driver's cabin guzzling tea!

Right, with my wife's help, I've just had a go at uploading images using the tutorial and managed to get one to display.  Unfortunately, it placed itself right at the bottom of the text and we couldn't see a way to "place inline" as per the old forum.  The images need to be where I tried to place them, for the narrative to make any sense.  :)

I was wondering about copying and pasting the text around the images/s, but have drawn a blank there too.  Apologies for being a total twat when it comes to technology, but what do I do now please?

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Dan Randall said:
No, I was sat in Acton driver's cabin guzzling tea!

Right, I've just had a go at uploading images using the tutorial and managed to get one to display.  Unfortunately, it placed itself right at the bottom of the text and I couldn't see a way to "place inline" as per the the old forum.  The images need to be where I tried to place them, for the narrative to make any sense.  :)

I then thought maybe I could copy and paste the text around the images/s, but I've drawn a blank there too.  Apologies for being a total twat when it comes to technology, but what do I do now please?

Regards

Dan
I took the post inline code off because it was causing all the problems with double images, it wouldn't be an issue if the previous forum software hadn't made such a mess of the database. once things have settled down I will look at the issue, but at the moment the double images are causing the most confusion, and things just need to settle down for a couple of weeks. I do have another solution for inline posting but as yet it is untested
If you just upload the attachments in sequential order it should make sense

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I took the post inline code off because it was causing all the problems with double images, it wouldn't be an issue if the previous forum software hadn't made such a mess of the database. once things have settled down I will look at the issue, but at the moment the double images are causing the most confusion, and things just need to settle down for a couple of weeks. I do have another solution for inline posting but as yet it is untested
If you just upload the attachments in sequential order it should make sense

Thanks Cynric - pictures now displaying at bottom of post.  :)

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Thats looking good, I prefer your overlays. you are making rather rapid progress as well!

I am testing an inline solution for you right now  8)

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Thats looking good, I prefer your overlays. you are making rather rapid progress as well!

I am testing an inline solution for you right now  8)

Thanks Cyric.  :)  Progress isn't quite as rapid as I'd like, but I'm hoping to do some more to it at the weekend if I can.  :)

The inline solution seems to be working OK - thanks for doing that.  :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
I definitely prefer your overlays, Dan - much more refined.  Interesting to see that you added extra detail to your artwork, I tend to discover I've left something off when the finished sheets arrive!  ;D

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Pugsley said:
I definitely prefer your overlays, Dan - much more refined.  Interesting to see that you added extra detail to your artwork, I tend to discover I've left something off when the finished sheets arrive!  ;D

Yeah, sore point that - I had some additional etches done for the Hawksworth, to allow me to have the droplights in various positions, rather than all closed as supplied with the kit.  Unfortunately, I forgot to put any tags on the fret, but have to say that PPD made a cracking job of etching the unwanted surround.... :))

I've now amended the artwork and have the successful Mk2 etches in the box ready for installation, but I felt a right twat at the time.  :-[

Regards

Dan

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Hi chaps

Due to a heavy DIY commitment at the moment, modelling time has been a bit thin on the ground.  However, it was my birthday yesterday, so I had a bit of a ?me?day.  :thumbs:

After opening this little lot?.

Attachments

• SNV33560.JPG
    624.3 KB · Views: 16
  • SNV33561.JPG
    535.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SNV33562.JPG
    538.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SNV33563.JPG
    547.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SNV33564.JPG
    529.1 KB · Views: 9
  • SNV33566.JPG
    480.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SNV33565.JPG
    502.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SNV33571.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 16

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
First of all Happy Birthday Dan  :D :thumbs:, the Hawksworth looks like a very good kit  & the build looks up to your usual standard 8)  :bowdown:...........I will look forward to your progress mate (as & when) :thumbs:

Phill  :wave:

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Happy birthday Dan, great to see some action on the thread and look forward to seing your progress. The log burner looks very cosey, especially with this weather. I have one just like it that was supposed to be fitted last week but still no joy, could really do with it  :headbang: You'll have to try and petition for some more 'me' day soon  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Best regards Mick

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Scale7JB said:
Happy Birthday Dan...!!

I'll but you a pack of biscuits at Reading...  :))

JB.

Mmmm, biscuits.... :drool:  They used to make biscuits in Reading - Huntly & Palmer I think.  Don't know where (if at all), they're made now though.  :scratch:

Thanks for the birthday greeting chaps - back to reality (and work), today though.

Regards

Dan

Simon

Flying Squad
Oh dear, I'm such a pillock!

I'm glad you liked the Midland book from Pete, he actually asked me to send you the Western one - doh!

I predict that you will very shortly be receiving an additional late birthday present of a Western 70s variety from the Bath direction.

Apologies to Pete :-[ :-[

Two years on from 50 and my brain cells are obviously dropping like flies.

Anyway - Happy Birthday!!

Simon

(Just opened a bottle of "London Pride" - what else can a boy do in these circumstances?)

PS great to meet you on the 13th.

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Simon said:
Oh dear, I'm such a pillock!

I'm glad you liked the Midland book from Pete, he actually asked me to send you the Western one - doh!

I predict that you will very shortly be receiving an additional late birthday present of a Western 70s variety from the Bath direction.

Apologies to Pete :-[ :-[

Two years on from 50 and my brain cells are obviously dropping like flies.

Anyway - Happy Birthday!!

Simon

(Just opened a bottle of "London Pride" - what else can a boy do in these circumstances?)

PS great to meet you on the 13th.

That's very kind of you Simon, but there's no need - I would have got the Midland book at some point and Pete has said he'll get me the Western one for Christmas!  I'll settle for a cup of tea on my next shop visit though.

Nice to meet you on the 13th too!

Regards

Dan