Grahame's N/2mm bashes

grahame

A little progress on the Bermondsey Street bridge/tunnel entrance. I'm quite pleased with how it matches up with the resin cast sections and once painted should look part of the row. Next is to decide how the top section/parapet wall and underside of the signal/power box will fit.

DSC06633red.jpg

grahame

I finally now have all the necessary three arch sections and parapet wall panels needed for the viaduct frontage, either as cast resin or scratch-built from plasticard. And it's a total of five feet long. But, of course, it needs completing - fixing, detailing, painting and so on. Here's view down Bermondsey Street to the viaduct underpass bridge/tunnel entrance:

DSC06655crperred.jpg

Tim Watson

Western Thunderer
I finally now have all the necessary three arch sections and parapet wall panels needed for the viaduct frontage, either as cast resin or scratch-built from plasticard. And it's a total of five feet long. But, of course, it needs completing - fixing, detailing, painting and so on. Here's view down Bermondsey Street to the viaduct underpass bridge/tunnel entrance:

View attachment 215079
Bang on the nail!

Tim

grahame

The bridge at the end has a bowstring truss side. I've cut a basic template to size, and I guess it's going to be fiddly and time consuming to cut the gaps to form the vertical and angled cross struts. But hey, that's what modelling is all about - making things even if they are tricky rather than just purchasing and making do with RTP.

DSC06691crperred.jpg

I've also managed to bash and jiggle the section where the signal box sits and overhangs so that the underbridge pier fits snuggly and the cast concrete base now looks less chunky. I'll probably add a thin fillet along the underside of the box and where it sits on the three arch sections so that the eye is drawn along and it appears even less chunky and over tall.

DSC06692crperred.jpg

grahame

I've knocked up a bowstring truss from styrene strip (although it needs detailing and painting it's not great but will do as a placeholder until I can make something better) and the eastern side abutment. Nothing is fixed and everything is just resting in place hence the bridge side not being vertical:

DSC06715crperred.jpg