HO Stutzendorf.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Greetings all, once again, following my return from Worcestershire. A minor health setback has put me a week behind my planned schedule, but work has now commenced on the construction of Stutzendorf. The basic frame for the revised baseboard is now complete - see much previous waffling about the errors of my ways on this score - :rolleyes:! It might not sound much, but these days the assembly was an afternoons work for me. Things now have to be done slowly, carefully and plans of campaign well thought out - life can get tedious, don't you think? I do not feel any real purpose would be served by publishing a photograph of a few lengths of timber screwed together to an audience of experienced modellers such as yourselves but more work will is scheduled for later today to enable the initial track base to be laid.

The original track plan upon which my intended scheme is based was for an H0e 750mm x 550mm system. So that I can more easily add my little H0 feeder to the H0e system I have increased the dimensions to 1350mm x 750mm. The standard gauge section is a very simple scheme based on a prototype goods depot whilst the narrow gauge is extracted from a freelance design, both of which appear in the MiBa publication that I mentioned in #18. It took me quite some time to effectively combine aspects of these two schemes into something I liked and included getting rid of some features, such as a triangular section which would complicate the wiring (for me, anyway) with DPDT switches and the like, plus extra soldering which I can well do without nowadays :(. However, a days work whilst on my holiday saw the plan evolve. I have mentioned before I rarely commit my plans to paper -it invariably becomes a wasted exercise as I tend to alter things here and there as I work through the building process. I would suggest that this is one of the joys (or penalties - depends on your point of view :confused:.) of freelance modelling. It is my habit anyway.

So there we are at the moment. I'm away to get something to eat and then off to do some more baseboard work this afternoon - well, there's a cool wind and regular heavy showers here today, so what better than working on the railway in the garage ?

Roger ;)

Last edited:

jonte

Western Thunderer
Greetings all, once again, following my return from Worcestershire. A minor health setback has put me a week behind my planned schedule, but work has now commenced on the construction of Stutzendorf. The basic frame for the revised baseboard is now complete - see much previous waffling about the errors of my ways on this score - :rolleyes:! It might not sound much, but these days the assembly was an afternoons work for me. Things now have to be done slowly, carefully and plans of campaign well thought out - life can get tedious, don't you think? I do not feel any real purpose would be served by publishing a photograph of a few lengths of timber screwed together to an audience of experienced modellers such as yourselves but more work will is scheduled for later today to enable the initial track base to be laid.

The original track plan upon which my intended scheme is based was for an H0e 750mm x 550mm system. So that I can more easily add my little H0 feeder to the H0e system I have increased the dimensions to 1035mm x 750mm. The standard gauge section is a very simple scheme based on a prototype goods depot whilst the narrow gauge is extracted from a freelance design, both of which appear in the MiBa publication that I mentioned in #18. It took me quite some time to effectively combine aspects of these two schemes into something I liked and included getting rid of some features, such as a triangular section which would complicate the wiring (for me, anyway) with DPDT switches and the like, plus extra soldering which I can well do without nowadays :(. However, a days work whilst on my holiday saw the plan evolve. I have mentioned before I rarely commit my plans to paper -it invariably becomes a wasted exercise as I tend to alter things here and there as I work through the building process. I would suggest that this is one of the joys (or penalties - depends on your point of view :confused:.) of freelance modelling. It is my habit anyway.

So there we are at the moment. I'm away to get something to eat and then off to do some more baseboard work this afternoon - well, there's a cool wind and regular heavy showers here today, so what better than working on the railway in the garage ?

Roger ;)

:thumbs:

Jon