Giles' misc. Work bench.

simond

Western Thunderer
Presuming we are avoiding the Exorcist and rotating heads, I can imagine a bit of thick-ish fishing line as a flexible torsion rod.

I can also imagine an owl’s head in 7mm. About 1-1.5mm high, and 1-2mm wide.

and relax… the improbability of anyone actually noticing it without it (assuming it is “owl silent”) being pointed out ensures that it’s really not worth the stress/effort. And anyway, owls are out at night. It’ll be dark!

simond

Western Thunderer
Maybe, but you're going to be better off modelling a seagull…

As an aside, when I worked in France, we had an Italian director, whom I nicknamed “La mouette”. Living on the coast , I’m quite fond of seagulls, despite their wayward habits. The lads asked why I called him that. I responded “Il arrive, il crie, il shie partout, et il se fout”. (Google translate might not give the full flavour of this. :))

shall we say, “the name stuck”…

I do wonder what my staff call me :)

Rob R

Western Thunderer
Maybe, but you're going to be better off modelling a seagull…

As an aside, when I worked in France, we had an Italian director, whom I nicknamed “La mouette”. Living on the coast , I’m quite fond of seagulls, despite their wayward habits. The lads asked why I called him that. I responded “Il arrive, il crie, il shie partout, et il se fout”. (Google translate might not give the full flavour of this. :))

shall we say, “the name stuck”…

I do wonder what my staff call me :)
Google translate is spot on.:thumbs:
Describes quite a few of my managers over the years........

Apologies to Giles for drifting even further off topic.

Giles

Western Thunderer
I like it.......

Driver is fully installed, however, I don't have a spare knobs on my Tx22x controller, so he is allocated to a button on the moment. This means the motion is instantaneous, which is unacceptable. I have therefore ordered an Rx601 receiver from Micron. These are his own replacement Receivers for the now unavailable Deltang ones (the world's supply of the chips they relied on had finally dried up). Although they are twice the size of the Rx41s, at 21x11mm, they are much more sophisticated and have on-board servo reverse, servo-slow, ESC acceleration and de-acceleration to name some of the attributes. They are also a similar price to the old Deltangs. This means I can put the head onto a three position switch, with a servo slow - probably of half a second. It also frees up the old Rx41 for a smaller model.....

Giles

Western Thunderer
Going back to the 16mm scale Tattoo, which is an exercise in enlarging the 7mm print (with adjustments) I did a while back.

The backhead is fully printed and has come out well

And the rest is coming on - althou at this size the footplate has been taken off the print and is nickel-silver, as will be the back-sheet.
Cylinders are there, with reverser and a few other bits and bobs. The colour will be fine when weathered (aged/broken down depending on profession...)

As a reminder, there is a steam unit (mister) built into this. Drive will be an N30 gearmotor driving through bevel gears.

Giles

Western Thunderer
Hi Mark, Contact Paul Martin at EDM models - he's got my design to produce them in 7mm, together with the wooden side tippers ( he's got bigger and better printers than me!)