7mm David Andrews Princess - 6206 Princess Marie Louise

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Hello Rob,

some of the best fixtures are made by that company Heath, Robinson. Been going for donkeys years, but I've never found the shop. Now to have a walk around town and see if I can find the shop this week.

ATB

OzzyO.

PS. I do talk some :shit: at times.
Must go the nice men in the white coats and my new jacket with the very long sleeves have just turned up. I'll get to play in that nice room with the soft walls and floor.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
These are the drawbar options as supplied. I have a confession to make at this stage. I couldn't find them and had asked a couple of fellow modellers who have the same kit for dimensions. As it happens one was able to supply part numbers and the other the key dimensions.

Then as is often the way, I opened a box where I keep useful bits (actually looking for a piece of plug pin to see if it would be suitable to make a draw bar from) and there on top of all the bits and pieces was the square of etch containing the two missing drawbars.

53714718832_cd44eda1ef_b.jpg

While I completely understand why they would be supplied as etches I wanted to see if I could make something more 3 dimensional.

I made a complete hash of my first attempt due to getting the machining operations in the wrong order. I had started by milling and drilling which left the part too weak when I attempted to turn the dog bone section.

53716091805_7e03bccc87_b.jpg

This was at the end of the turning operation on the second attempt.

53715997659_1df3e2ee0a_b.jpg

53715969364_e98320eb1e_b.jpg

53716064175_2bef3a39ec_b.jpg

This is the end result greatly enlarged of course. The insulated bushes were made from knitting needles. sadly the only one I had of the right thickness was green. I did think that I had a suitable grey one but having turned one and subsequently dropped it, it landed with a decidedly metallic click. Further investigation revealed that it was in fact aluminium not plastic so not much cop for insulated bushes...